Raechelle Bellus is one of our talented guest designers this month. She has come up with a fabulous project reusing packaging. She has kindly writtern a tutorial.
Using an empty package or container is a perfect way to recylce and create something useful at the same time. You can use any size or shape to create a cute candy container perfect for any occasion.
1. Cut base paper to fit around package; adhere.
2. Cut two coordinating paper strips, one skinny for the top portion and one larger for the bottom portion.
3. Add scallops to the bottom strip and wrap around package along the bottom edge of base paper.
4. Adhere top paper strip around top edge of base paper.
5. Cut sentiment out of paper (or any design) and place on a cardstock mat cut a bit larger for added visual interest; adhere to base paper.
6. Wrap ribbon around area along bottom where the two papers meet. tie off with a bow.
7. Add a bow to the top of package.
8. On the backside adhere a "to" and "from" tag.
9. Fill with candy.
patterned paper: Bo Bunny Flirty Birds, Flirty Collection Stripe and Fancy Pants Designs
I hope you will join us and make the most out of all your supplies!
Design Team Finalists
We had a wonderful response to our recent AllyScraps DT call, such wonderful variety and quality. But, we had to make a decision, and we chose the following 6 finalists for the DT call. These finalists will be showing what they can do as members of designers for AllyScraps over the next few weeks.
Thanks so much for all of your wonderful submissions, your time, your talent and your excitement.
So, here they are! Congratulations to everyone.
Susan Alton (ladymisssusan)
Raechelle Bellus (scrappinRae)
Chris Hertel (Chrispea)
Shannon Morgan (paddymack)
Suzanne Quillen (squillen)
Amy Wilhelms (billysgirl)
Why not stop by the gallery to see all their wonderful projects.
Stay tuned as each of the finalist will create projects from a mini-kit.
Dana & Morag x