Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy, Happy New Year!

Good morning everyone. The girls and I stayed up until midnight last night to ring in the New Year! DH went to bed at 10, bah humbug.... the girls fell asleep around 11:00, so I woke them up at 11:50 to watch the ball drop. Blew our New Year's horns and went to bed by 12:05, hee, hee.

Hey, guess what! I've been scrapping. I think 2009 was an off scrapbooking year for me, so one of my 2010 resolutions is to scrapbook more often! (love that resolution.) I finished 3!, yes 3 layouts over the last few days, and one more is almost done. Do you have a New Years scrappy resolution? If so, let us know... post it in the comment section, we'd love to see it.

AllyScraps has lots going on for 2010, and January will be full of great inspiration. First of all, Cathy has decided to restore the AllyScraps message board, hurray. I have to say that I'm super excited about this, as I really miss my scrappy friends on the board. So, look for the new message board this month! Also, we'll be having TONS of fresh design inspiration from some brand new scrappy friends and some old friends too.

Feeling sketchy this month? I bet you are, and guess what? we aim to please. Debbie Gaydos, our favorite sketch designer will be back! Hurray. She'll be inspiring us with 4! sketches this month. So be sure to check those out. And, Morag Cutts will be focusing on Valentine's day, to get you all ready for February 14th. She will be working on cards and paper crafts using pretty Valentine products, can't wait to see what Morag comes up with.

So, do you want to see what I've been working on?? I love to keep scrapping Christmas for the month of January, I always feel so inspired by all of the Christmas scrapbook products.



I used Pink Paislee's Mistletoe & Co. collection for my page about my daughter not wanting to visit Santa Claus for the first time. Love how the paper is Christmas themed, but the colors are not so traditional. I especially liked using the punch out tags and glitter alphabets. I really sparkled up my page with stickles and lots of gems and pearls too.

Well, that's it for today, thanks so much for stopping by, and a big Happy New Year to you from AllyScraps!

~ Dana

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that lo is gorgeous! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh, that page is awesome Dana! WOW she is looking so grown up!

My scrappy resolutions... also to set aside more time to regularly scrap, as I really slowed down over the past couple of months and I MISS IT! AND...... to get my unfiled stack of pages put away in albums, LOL (shame on me!!).

Can't wait to share some sketches this month! :)

laterg8r said...

gorgeous LO and i love the title, will definitely have to scraplift that b/c my daughter doesn't love santa :D

Anonymous said...

My scrappy resolution is to work on a picture a day project:-)