First, let me say that if I got a gift wrapped up like this... I couldn't bear to open it. (Heaven forbid I tear the wrappings!!!) Roree Rumph has done it again, with this beautiful gift bag and gift box combination. A perfect way to give a very special gift, with very special wrappings!!
1. Cut eleven 4 x 3/4" strips from the pink polka dot patterned paper. Distress the edges with a file.
2. With one of the strips, hold the each end of the strip with thumb and forefinger with the striped side facing towards you. Bend the strip down and toward you, keeping the ends stripe side up. Adhere the ends of the paper strip together. Make nine more of these looped paper strips. For the last strip, make a circular loop, and adhere the ends together.
3. On a 1 1/2" square scrap piece of paper, adhere five of the looped paper strips in a star-shaped pattern. Adhere the next five looped strips in a star-shaped pattern offsetting them just a bit from the bottom layer. Lastly, adhere circle strip to the center of the bow to finish.
Gift Bag (bag size: 5 1/4" (9" with handles) x 4" x 2", purchased at Target)
1. Cut the blue polka dot patterned paper to 3 x 3 1/2" and the stripe patterned paper to 1 3/4 x 3 1/2". Adhere the panels to the Kraft bag.
2. Cut out a 1 1/4 x 3 1/2" peppermint candy strip from the border strips patterned paper. Attach a white brad to the center of each peppermint candy, and adhere the paper strip to the bag where the two previous panels meet.
3. Cut two 3 1/2" long strips from the scalloped border sticker, and adhere the stickers to the top and bottom of the blue polka dot patterned paper panel.
4. Apply the rub-on sentiment, letter stickers, and threaded button for the greeting.
5. Attach the finished chipboard mitten tag to the gift bag.
6. After adding the gift and crinkle shreds/tissue paper to the bag, tie a bow to hold the bag handles together with green ribbon.
Gift Box (box size: 2 1/2" square, made using Cricut Expression and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge)
1. Cut six 2 1/4" square panels from the blue polka dot patterned paper. Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the panels to each side of the Kraft box.
2. Adhere the pink polka dot bow to the top of the box. Hang the Santa's Hat tag from the top of the box.
1. Cover the mitten chipboard with multi-color patterned paper for the mitten and graph patterned paper for the cuff. Distress the edges with a file.
2. Attach the cardstock label sticker to the chipboard mitten.
3. Cut out a snowflake from the snowflake patterned paper. Attach the snowflake to the mitten chipboard with a white brad.
4. Punch a hole at the corner with a hole punch to thread with baker's twine.
Santa's Hat Tag
1. Cover the Santa's hat chipboard with peppermint candy patterned paper for the hat and graph patterned paper for the brim and ball. Distress the edges with a file.
2. Attach the cardstock label sticker to the hat's brim.
3. Cut out a holly leaves from the holly garland patterned paper. Adhere the leaves to the chipboard, and attach red brad of varying sizes to the hat for the holly berries.
4. Punch a hole at the top with a hole punch to thread with baker's twine.
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Snowman
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Garland
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Bright Stripes
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Wrapping Paper
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Borders
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Journaling Cards
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Element Stickers
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Alpha Stickers
October Afternoon Fly A Kite Collection, Lemonade
Maya Road, Chipboard Keychain, Christmas Shapes
Maya Road Scallop Dot Ribbon, Green
Melissa Frances Home For The Holidays Collection Christmas Traditions Transfers
Jillibean Collection Bakers Twine, Red/Brown
Gift bag, Kraft cardstock, green button, red thread, white and red brads
Aren't Roree's instructions the BEST!! I know I could make these with such clear and easy to follow directions. :) Thanks Roree.
Hey, how about a little prize for our lovely blog followers. We really appreciate your comments and we'd like to show you a little love back. Our latest winner is Char!! We can't wait to send you a little scrappy prize! So, send your contact information to email@example.com and we get a little treat in the mail to you.
Thanks for stopping by, another beautiful layout from Michelle Lanning coming up soon. Dana