Saturday, July 26, 2008

Make Your Own Flower Embellishment

Hi Everyone!
I love to find new techniques for making one of a kind embellishments from scratch, it makes me feel so crafty!

While surfing the web the other day I found this fabric flower tutorial:
http://http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/2006/03/fabric_flowers.html

I did make a few out of fabric and then I figured I would try with paper. (instead of using two of the larger flowers as directed on the tutorial, I traced and cut only 1 for the base). Here is my result:

You can "kick it up a bit" by printing the patterns at 50% for smaller flowers or at 100%+ for bigger flowers. You could also try the same effect using premade flowers of the same type (or get funky and use different types!).

Have fun making your own flowers!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks for the link. You can never have too many ways to make cute flowers!

Missy said...

That is a really cute idea!!! Love your layout..

Anonymous said...

OH how cool is that.
Lovin that look
Julia

Arlene Camacho said...

wow! thanks for sharing the link!!! I am alll about making my own embellies! or leaerning to, anyways!!!!!