Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Haunted" Halloween.....

I'm seeing Halloween decorations everywhere, our neighborhood is filled with ghosts and Jack 'O Lanterns already! We are featuring Halloween at AllyScraps in October, I know that I'm loving it so far. Our 2nd special guest designer this month is Kary Lewis, and she's going to help us to celebrate Halloween too! Kary's not a new face to AllyScraps, she served a couple of terms on our regular Design Team a while ago, and we are so excited to have her back. When you see her work, you'll ceratinly know why! Here's a little bit about Kary...



Hi everyone! My name is Kary Lewis and I am thrilled to have been asked to be this month's guest designer for Allyscraps. I've had the honor to have been on the AllyScraps Design Team before and am just overjoyed that Cathy and the girls asked me back for this month--like Cathy, Halloween is my favorite holiday and I have been given some amazing papers and embellies to work with for this month!

Just a little bit about myself--I am a single mom to four amazing kids. I have two adult age children (who live away from home right now to attend school) and two middle-school aged boys at home with me. I am currently in school full-time to get my pre-req's for a nursing or ultrasound tech degree. If a very long process, but one that I am determined to finish! In my few-and-far-between spare moments, I try to get my creative juices going by scrapping. I have been on several design teams over the past two years and have been published in several scrapbooking magazines and publications. This past year, I've been on hiatus from scrapping, but am ready to get back into it and start creating art again--it's definitely a theraputic way to release whatever it is that is going on in your life, don't you think?

My style is eclectic--I go from vintage style layouts to funky. You could call me the "embellishment queen" because I love make my own from the paper or just having fun with whatever is in front of me. I'm challenging myself this year to use more photos on my layouts. It seems as though I use just one the majority of my work, so I am trying to "step out of my box" and use more photos. I hope you will join me this month and do something out of the ordinary from your usual scrapbook style and challenge yourself to try something new!!

Happy Scrapping!!

~~Kary

Here's Kary's layout, I just adore it!





Kary used the My Mind's Eye "Spider Web" paper and accessories kit for this along with Maya Road's mini chipboard scroll set. She also used Glitz Frosting rubons, Prima flowers (which she sprayed with Glimmer Mist and then scrunched and layered to make the burgundy colored flowers), smaller Prima flowers with the same technique and a Hambly Rubon.

Wow Kary, this is SO awesome, thanks so much for helping to inspire us. Check back this weekend, I'll be posting a layout using Pink Paislee's Twilight line, LOVE that stuff! Happy Haunting!

~ Dana

2 comments:

Erika M. said...

Very nice to meet you Kary - your life sounds quite busy - love your layout!

Jana Eubank said...

What a beautiful page! Love the way you used this collection with the mix of embellishments. YUM! :)