Saturday, June 5, 2010

Please welcome Cherry Nelson to AllyScraps!

We are so pleased to welcome Cherry Nelson to the AllyScraps blog. We've been admiring her awesome cards and altered art on her blog Cherry's Jubilee for quite some time, and we are so honored that she has agreed to design for us this month. Welcome Cherry!



"I have had a fascination with paper and scissors from an early age..use to cut out little paper villages and I adored paper dolls (still do)! About three years ago I started scrapbooking to preserve memories of my son and our family. In the last year I have found I really enjoy making cards and love to alter found items and make them my own. Paper is my passion and is theraputic to my soul. I enjoy the whole process of creating...from found items, finding that perfect paper, to the embellishments. It makes me happy!"

Here is Cherry's lovely LIBERTY banner...



Supply List
Two Maya Road mixes scallop triangle banner albums
Maya Road resist
October Afternoon paper - Root Cellar
Girls Paperie - Vintage Travel
MELISSA FRANCES - Pop Out Glitter Accents Alpha
WeRMemory Keepers - Old Glory clear stamps







Instructions- Take your banner chipboard and trace your papers and cut out, adhere your papers, using maya resist put in the areas (edge of scallops where you don't want paint using a brush and let dry 10 minutes, than paint with your color of choice...let dry and than chip away paint, construct rosettes for the middle of each banner and adhere, stamp your images and cut out and distress with inks, adhere on rosettes and at the bottom, adhere bottle caps (I distress mine first), and than add your buttons, adhere your chipboard letters and buttons, Add your ribbon through each banner.....tie ribbon bows at each end if you would like.

Thanks so much Cherry! Can't wait to see your other projects throughout the month.

Hey, don't forget that our sketch contest is still going on. Here's all the information. Have a great weekend! Dana

3 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

So cute!!I may have to give this one a try (;
Hugs~Kelly

Erika M. said...

Lovely creation! Congrats to Cherry!

Anne Tussing said...

LOVE it!