Friday, April 18, 2008

The Blog is a hit!

The general census is that the blog is a hit! All the regulars (where we have email addresses) are keeping in touch. Not quite the same as a forum, but it's the next best thing.

So Friday is normally either the Sketch Challenge run by Debbie or the Book of Me challenge run by Morag. As the forum is down, we won't be posting the new challenge until next week. Gina is the guest host for the BOM challenge this week. She has inspired us to document an interest aspect of our lives. You'll have to watch this space to find out more...

More layouts will follow, but how about a little more Pink Paislee?



Morag has used the Round Table Scallop to create this very easy to do LO.

"I normally take hours to finish any layout - I'm just a very slow scrapper. When I saw the Fancy Pants Glitter Cut I knew it would go so perfectly with the Pink Paislee.



Before adhering the overlay, I used a background stamp to create more depth. Instead of overlaying the Glitter cut, I placed it under my 3 photos - this makes it a really easy to stick it down! Just a few Prima flowers and a little more Stickles to go with the gorgeous glitter. Hey Presto! Job done.

This was all done and dusted in under an hour - a world record for me!"



Karlyn has put American Crafts Fieldhouse Foam to good use. This gorgeous fun layout documents the family's love of water!

I love the way she has placed the birds on a journal card and she has pulled off those bright colors beautifully!



How about the gorgeous Fancy Pants felt that Karlyn has used to frame these beautiful photographs? Notice how she has layered the butterflies and flowers. Stunning.

Check out the gallery for more inspiration.

Post Script



A little gift arrived for Cathy yesterday. Morag had made some bunting for the shop using the AllyScraps colour scheme.



"I wanted to make some bunting for a long time. I thought it would be perfect for the AllyScraps shop. I couldn't resist adding a bit of fluff and sparkles - I have glitter all over my house now! LOL.


Anyway, I'm so glad that it arrived when it did - I think Cathy needed a little cheering up. She rang me today to say thanks - which was really kind of her."



So if you're in the Avon area (Indiana), why not pop into the store to have a look?

3 comments:

Karlyn said...

awesome use of that glitter cut morag! i have a bunch of those but haven't played yet. i suppose i'd have to actually scrap to try them huh! beautiful page.

CALLIE JEAN said...

that is great morag! I love it...would be so cute in a girls room with her name on it..thanks for sharing!

Stacey Michaud said...

Miss you guys! Love the blog! Awesome work as usual!