Saturday, April 19, 2008

It won't be long now!

The new forum is right around the corner, so hopefully it won't be long now until we will all have our little internet home back!

In the meantime, here's a little bit of Allyscraps Inspiration for you to enjoy! How much do I love this Scenic Route Grafton? Oh my gosh, the colors are so rich and fun! Perfect for boy pages, girl pages, pretty much anything! Here is my page "bowled over", and for a little bit of added fun, you see that swirls-and-circles design around the journaling block? That's a digital brush that I "stamped" on the background cardstock! I think it added a nice little touch (and it goes great with the design on the journaling card, which can be found here!).



Now, you might recall that just before the board went down, I had posted a new sketch that goes with this page! So here ya go -



Once the new board is up and running, I'll be re-posting both the current sketches and the sketch archive, and posting extended deadlines for the sketch challenges!

And speaking of the sketch challenges, here is "you are his hero" featuring Fancy Pants Papa, along with the April 1st Bonus sketch!





And last but not least, remember the April 8th scrappy challenge? The challenge was to use your computer printer for your journaling or other page element, preferably by printing directly onto your background cardstock, like I did on "future engineer", which features the fun American Crafts Celebration II:



The key is to have a page-width element somewhere under which to hide the "seam", so that you can cut your cardstock down to 8.5"x12" and run it through the printer. To print the journaling right on the cardstock, it just take a little bit of pre-planning to carefully measure for correct margins and such, so that the text is printed exactly where you want it. I also made the text "hug" the edge of the circular design elements.

We will see all of you at the "new place" soon!

- Debbie

5 comments:

Scrappin My Way said...

Hi Deb! Thanks for posting that sketch. I have been thinking about it. LOL All your los look amazing. See ya soon!

Jami

Morag Cutts said...

Great LO's Deb. I love all your sketches too! I'll have a very happy time playing with those!

Unknown said...

WOWser..some GREAT stuff here!!
HUGS
Julia

Unknown said...

WOW...so very cool!
Julia

The Browns said...

Hi, I love, love, love your sketch layouts. Do you do any two pagers?