Have you ever finished a page and thought it could use just "a bit more of something", but didn't know where to start? That's a great time to look around your scrap room, grab your extra embellishments, ink, pen and bling and start thinking about details. Adding that extra creative flair to your page can be as simple as inking a die cut, or layering your ribbon. In the layout below I used MME Garden Party Lush Blooms pattern paper and die cuts to create this page about our sweet dog Maddie.
After the basic page was laid out I started adding my detail. I little bling and ink can go a long way! Can you spot all the little extras that were added? (hint-there are eleven in all!)
1. Hand cut scallop pattern on edge of mat paper
2. Cut out paisley pieces from patterned paper
3. Used brown ink to highlight die cut and paper edges
4. Pleated paper strips to make ribbon
5. Outlined chipboard letters with pen
6. Tinted felt flower with Glimmer Mist to match
7. Added gemstone bling to die cuts, pp & crown
8. Used stickles on felt butterfly & crown
9. Created dimension by layering paper
10. Printed Maddies name on pp using a Dymo & sanding letters
11. Cut die cut circles to create flower petals
Next time you want to add a little extra "something" to your pages, take a second look at your scrapping supplies, and definitely think "details" For more inspiration take a peek at the awesome Ally Scraps Gallery. You can also find the MME Lush Blooms collection and Heidi Swapp felt butterflies & flowers at the Ally Scraps store.