Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May Design Team Reveal!

While Dana is on vacation this month, I get the fun of sharing the Design Team's May Blog Reveal! For some fun this month, we decided to each choose one of the other DT member's challenges from our May 9th crop and complete it for the reveal!

First up is our fabulous May Guest Designer, Jana! Jana used Morag's challenge, which was to use 4 different manufacturers and customize something to make it your own. She used We R Memory Keepers, Sassafras Lass, My Mind's Eye and Jenni Bowlin. She customized the flower and butterfly accents by adding red Kaisercraft jewels. Don't they look great!





Morag choose Jana's SCRAP challenge (s=stitching, c=circle element, r=ribbon, a=the color aqua, and p=punches) as the inspiration for her page. Her paper line is We R Memory Keepers Tiffany - how gorgeous!



For Rae's great page, she took inspiration from a combination of the challenges! She used Morag's challenge with her chipboard title as her customized piece (she painted, heat embossed, and then added beads to it while it was still a bit tacky). She was also inspired by elements of Jana's and Dana's challenges, using a clean and fresh color palette, torn/distressed edges and the little piece of a journaling card along the side.



Chris used Rae's challenge, which was a countdown style challenge: use 5 of one thing, 4 of another, etc. Chris used 5 silk flowers, 4 different patterns, 3 buttons, 2 fonts and 1 deer for her page, along with the We R Memory Keepers Tiffany collection.



I used Dana's challenge, to choose 3 sources of inspiration and use them to create the layout. My three inspirations were:
1. The Scrap Within Reach “Cottage” line with it’s dandelion theme – perfect for these SWEET pictures of my little Tyler, who loves to bring me these pretty little “flowers” at every available opportunity!
2. Stitching: I don’t sew on my pages often enough! Every time I see it, like on this awesome page by Guest DT Jana, or this great page by forum member Tina, I think that I really should do it more often!
3. Die-cut “bracket” style paper: these shaped papers are so popular and I just love them! So I used my Pazzles and a print-and-cut technique to create my shaped journaling block in this fun style!



I know that we all enjoyed the inspiration provided by one another's challenges from the crop, and we hope you enjoyed them too! If there was a crop challenge that you didn't get a chance to complete (or that you just want to do again!) we would love to see what you come up!

- Debbie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all fantastic - what a talented group! -Amy

Unknown said...

I love seeing everyone's take on each others challenge. They all are beautiful. Such great ideas!

Jess said...

amazing work ladies!

Colleen said...

What a great idea ladies and love all the layouts!