In Melissa's words... "I’ve wanted to create an Art Journal for myself for quite sometime. You’ll notice that this is a work in progress, as it should be. I look forward to tucking in bits of fabric, patterned paper, color swatches, ads, quotes, and other inspiring items. By mixing in pockets and tags I have given myself areas where items can be held snug and the capacity to hold more has increased. It will certainly be a treasure to keep and look back on as time goes by."
1. From Patchwork Paper, punch out 9 squares to cover front of album. Ink edges, adhere, and stitch in place to create a quilted look. Bend up edges to add more dimension.
2. Wrap small envelope with scrunched seam binding, apply rubon, and adhere on a diagonal to cover. Embellish with flowers cut from an old sewing pattern and buttons.
3. Adhere bird sticker, label, and alphabet stickers and apply rubon across the bottom.
4. Cover the inside of the album with coordinating paper, vintage trim, chipboard letters, rubons, button, and rhinestones.
5. Embellish pocket and tag with paper, trim, die cut, and rubons. Use this to keep vintage ephemera and other favorite pieces.
6. Create a place to hold a notebook so you can jot down ideas wherever you go by creating a pocket from patterned paper, trim, and buttons. Place notepad, sewing pattern and other favorite inside the pocket to inspire you and keep your ideas close at hand.
Melissa Frances Bingo Card Album
Melissa Frances envelopes and tag book
Melissa Frances beige ribbon
Melissa Frances Sculpture applique'
Melissa Frances inspiration transfers
Melissa Frances breast cancer transfers
Melissa Frances pop out glitter alphabet
Melissa Frances vintage posey label die cut
Melissa Frances vintage posey trixie paper
Advantus Girls Paperie Vintage Patchwork Paper
Advantus Girls Paperie Cabbage Rose Paper
Fancy Pants Designs Road Show French Press Paper
Fancy Pants Designs Road Show Collection Rub Ons
Jenni Bowlin Rhinestone Buttons Pink
Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline Collection Cardstock Stickers Favorite Pieces
Many thanks to Melissa Phillips for another awesome project. I'm sure you will all get busy right away making one for yourself! Check out Melissa's blog for even more inspiration! Have a great day!