Melissa Phillips has done it again! A gorgeous shabby banner to add to her collection of beautiful altered art, and to post on our lucky blog too. Love it!
Melissa used lots of yummy supplies by Maya Road, Melissa Frances and October Afternoon.
Melissa France White Mica Flakes
Melissa Frances Overwhelmed Paper
Melissa Frances Pink Rhinestones
Melissa Frances Chandelier Moon Drops
Melissa Frances Chandelier Diamond Drops
Melissa Frances Vivian Vintage Posey Paper
Melissa Frances Ella Vintage Posey Paper
Melissa Frances Stella Vintage Posey Paper
October Afternoon Last One Thrift Shop Paper
October Afternoon Collector’s Item Thrift Shop Paper
October Afternoon Sprinklers Fly a Kite Paper
October Afternoon Front Porch Fly a Kite Paper
October Afternoon Fireflies Fly a Kite Paper
Maya Road Mini Chipboard Scrolls
Maya Road Mini Wings & Hearts
Maya Road Trinket Pins Vintage Pearl
Maya Road Mixed Scallop Mini Triangle Banner Set
1. Paint scalloped banners with off-white acrylic paint, let dry, and sand to distress.
2. Cover each of the triangle banners with coordinating paper of your choice and adhere to the scalloped banner base.
3. Machine stitch around edges of some if desired.
4. Tie each banner together in desired order using ribbon, button twine, or scrunched seam binding. Tie bows on the ends in order to create hangers.
5. Embellish with painted chipboard wings covered in mica flakes, painted scrolls covered in glitter, rubons, buttons, trims, flowers, rhinestones, and gems.
6. Hang chandelier drops from the bottom of a few banners and insert trinket pins up through the bottom point of some of the other banners.
7. Hang this somewhere special where you will be able to admire your work and enjoy.
Hey, just wanted to let you know a little secret... Melissa Phillips has agreed to stick around here at AllyScraps. We are SO lucky that she will be designing for us EVERY month. Hurray! Also, keep an eye out for a new sketch contest on June 1st. Debbie Gaydos just sent my the sketch, and WOW, it's awesome. June also holds 2 special guest designers on the blog... one you've known for a while and one that is brand new to AllyScraps. More news to share soon. Have a great day!