I admit it, I have a hard time scrapping my Christmas photos. Maybe there are WAY too many, maybe the colors are choatic, maybe half are out of focus or badly framed. Not matter what the reason, I need to get busy preserving my holiday memories, so I have really keep my eyes open for great Christmasy layouts to "scraplift", to keep me moving through my HUGE pile of Christmas photos. This layout from Roree Rumph is number one on my list! Love it, I think I'll add my daughter's Santa letter right in that awesome envelope. :)
1. Cut the multi-dot patterned paper to 8 1/2 x 11". Distress the edges with a file.
2. Cut the blue patterned paper to 7 1/2 x 8 1/2". Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the panel to the center of the layout.
3. Cut two 7 1/2 x 1/2" strips from the green patterned paper with scallop-edged decorative scissors. Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the strips to the layout along the left and right edges of the blue patterned paper panel. Machine sew with a zigzag stitch and blue thread where the seams meet on the right side of the panel, if desired
4. Cut the pink patterned paper to 1 3/4 x 9 1/8". Distress the edges with a file. Adhere the panel at the left edge of the blue patterned paper panel (to overhang off the right edge). Machine sew with a zigzag stitch and blue thread where the seams meet on the left side of the panel, if desired.
5. Adhere the striped corner sticker and 2 x 3 3/4" photo at the upper left corner of the blue patterned paper panel.
6. Adhere the decorative envelope to the layout. Add border stickers to the top and bottom edges of the envelope. Apply the mixed alphabet stickers to the top of the envelope for the title. Apply the rub-on sentiment to the bottom of the envelope. Adhere blue gems to the decorative edge of the envelope. Remove the string, and add two strands of brown/white baker's twine to each enclosure. Tie a bow, and trim the ends.
7. Adhere the second 2 x 3 3/4" photo to the layout. The upper right corner will sit underneath the flap of the envelope.
8. Adhere the Santa sticker to the bottom left corner of the blue patterned paper panel.
9. Sew two green buttons onto the right side of the pink patterned paper panel with blue thread.
10. Add labels to the top and bottom of the layout, and add journaling.
11. Tie a small bow with the red ribbon, and adhere the bow to the larger label.
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Element Stickers
Echo Park Paper Everybody Loves Christmas Collection, Alpha Stickers
Maya Road Kraft Envelopes, Decorative
Maya Road Ribbon, Red Scallop Dot Ribbon
Jenni Bowlin Collection, Vintage Style Sew-On Buttons, Green
October Afternoon Fly A Kite Collection Label Stickers
Blue gems, pen/marker, file, decorative scissors (small scallop), sewing needle, sewing machine, blue thread, bakers twine
Thank you so much to Roree Rumph for being such a big part of our November/December blog here at AllyScraps. Check out Roree's blog for lots more beautiful projects! We've invited Roree back of course, and you'll see her again very soon! :) Have a great weekend. Dana