When I asked Roree Rumph to do a card based on this month's contest sketch, I expected something fabulous. What I did not expect what this project! A tag banner with each tag based on the sketch, how creative.
Here is June's contest sketch, for cards (or projects!) by our own Debbie Gaydos.
Roree is always so great about giving us easy to follow instructions for her projects... here they are.
1. Paint the chipboard coasters with white acrylic paint, multiple coats, and let dry. Distress the edges with a file. Then, punch a hole in the left corner of each of the coaster to match the one on the right.
2. Cut out three patterned paper panels (blue, pink, and orange) to 3 3/4 x 2 3/8" for the base of each coaster. Distress the edges with file, Hand sew cross stitches at the corner of the pink and blue patterned paper panels with green embroidery thread, and adhere the panels to the coasters.
3. Add a double row of machine stitching around the patterned paper panels on each coaster with orange thread.
4. Cut out three patterned paper panels (blue, pink, and orange) to 1 3/4 x 2 1/8". Add a 1 3/4 x 3/4" strip of another pink patterned paper to the lighter pink patterned paper panel. Distress the edges with file, round the corners, and adhere the panels to the coasters.
5. Using the Cricut Expression 2 and Just a Note cartridge, cut out two flowers (at 3 1/2" and 3 3/4") and a circle (at 3 1/2") from the pink and heart patterned papers, and two butterflies (at 4") and swirl (2 1/2") from the green and heart patterned paper.
6. Hand cut the flower stem and leaf from green patterned paper, and the banner shapes from blue and heart patterned paper.
7. Layer the shapes, sew on buttons with green, yellow and orange embroidery thread, and adhere the shapes to the coasters.
8. Add brads to the corrugated Kraft letters, and adhere the letters to the coasters.
9. Thread the coasters with green ribbon, knot the ends, and trim off the excess.
Ally Scraps supplies
Maya Road Chipboard Postage Stamp Coaster
Echo Park Playground Collection, Capture the Flag
Echo Park Playground Collection, Hide & Seek
Echo Park Playground Collection, Merry Go Round
Echo Park Playground Collection, Tag Journaling Cards
Echo Park Playground Collection, Heads Up Seven Up
Echo Park Playground Collection, Red Rover
Echo Park Playground Collection, Jump Rope
Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alpha, Kraft
Pink Paislee Soiree Collection, Twine
Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Collection, Buttons
Ribbon, brads, green and orange embroidery thread, white acrylic paint, corner punch, hole punch, sewing machine and orange thread
Thanks soo much to Roree for being with us again this month. She is so amazing and so wonderful to work with, we always feel honored to have her wonderful projects on our blog! Roree's blog is filled with even more projects to inspire you, hope you will take a look.
Have a great weekend. Dana
PS If you'd like to enter our June contest based on Debbie's sketch, take a look here. :)