Do you make many cards?? I haven't made any in a while, but the beautiful cards that Roree Rumph makes has been inspiring me to start cardmaking again! Take a look at her newest creations, 2 cards that are so cute and adorable.
1. Make a 4 x 5 1/2" card from a coordinating cardstock. Cover the front with the blue patterned paper, and distress the edges with a file.
2. Cut out a thin strip from the heart patterned paper and a thin strip from the orange patterned paper (scalloping one edge with decorative scissors), and adhere the strips to the card. Hand sew and 'x' pattern on the card with the pink/yellow twine, and tie a bow. Trim the ends.
3. Cut out the pink journaling spot from the journaling tag patterned paper, cut it in half on an angle, and adhere the pieces to each side of the card.
4. Machine sew the journaling spot halves on the outside edge with orange thread and a decorative stitch. Hand sew French knots at the center of each stitch, alternating with yellow, blue, and green embroidery thread.
5. Sew a button onto the balloon sticker, and adhere it to the card.
6. Adhere the corrugated Kraft letters 'hi" to the card to finish.
Oh happy day card
1. Make a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" card from a coordinating cardstock. Cover the front with the blue patterned paper, and distress the edges with a file.
2. Cut out four thin strips from the orange patterned paper, and adhere them around the outside edges of the card. Trim the ends.
3. Cover two of the cupcake chipboard tops with the heart patterned paper, distress the edges with a file, and adhere the chipboard to the card.
4. Punch out three circle from the circle patterned paper, and machine sew around the outside edges with a sewing machine and coordinating thread. Then, machine sew three triangle shapes with the coordinating thread and white section of the circle patterned paper. Sew a coordinating button onto each circle, adhere the stitched triangle to the bottom, tie with blue/white twine, and adhere the balloon shapes to the card.
5. Adhere the alphabet stickers to scrap pieces of patterned paper to spell 'oh' and 'happy', and machine sew around the outside edges with green thread. Trim off the excess patterned paper, and adhere the words to the card.
6. Adhere the corrugated Kraft letters 'day' to the card to finish the sentiment, and layer and adhere two heart stickers to the center of the 'a'.
Echo Park Playground Collection, Capture the Flag
Echo Park Playground Collection, Double Dutch
Echo Park Playground Collection, Tag Journaling Cards
Echo Park Playground Collection, Heads Up Seven Up
Echo Park Playground Collection, Element Sticker
Echo Park Playground Collection, Alpha Sticker
Jillibean Soup - Corrugated Alpha, Kraft
Maya Road Mini Chipboard Set, Cupcakes
Pink Paislee Soiree Collection, Twine
Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Collection, Buttons
Yellow, green, and blue embroidery thread - DMC
Sewing machine and orange, yellow, green, and red thread
Decorative Scissors - Provo Craft
File - Basic Grey
1" circle punch - EK Success
Be sure to check out Roree's blog, it's filled with TONS of gorgeous cards to inspire you! Also, have you checked out our June sketch contest?? it's a CARD sketch. :) Enjoy the sunshine. Dana