Are you excited for the 4th? Feeling proud to be an American? Well, this project by Melissa Phillips is sure to get you in the mood. A dress form album, all decked out in the ole red, white and blue!!
** All of the sweet vintage images can be found at Country Living and are free to print and use as you wish: Country Living vintage images.
1. Paint dress form base with off-white acrylic paint, let dry, sand to distress, and machine stitch.
2. Create the cover by tracing the dress form onto Chicken Bouillon paper. Adhere in place, and distress with ink.
3. Trace dress form again onto light blue patterned paper, cut out a “v” for the neckline and embellish with trim along neckline and sleeves. Adhere a strip of dark red patterned paper along bottom edge of dress form,
4. Create an apron from coordinating patterned paper and use vintage book print around the edges to resemble a ruffle. Adhere this entire piece over Chicken Bouillon base.
5. Use tea-stained twill tape to create a tie for your apron and tie it in a bow on the backside of the dress form cover. Embellish with a button. Cut paper strip with the Pledge of Allegiance on it and adhere across front of apron.
6. Embellish neckline with pearls from the embellishment pack.
7. For each additional page, cover with coordinating paper and use die cut paper along bottom edge.
8. Cut out vintage images and adhere to each page.
9. Embellish with flowers from the embellishment pack, polka dotted canvas flowers, word strips, buttons, twine, American flag cutouts, and stickers.
Maya Road Dress Form Chipboard Book
We R Memory Keepers Old Glory Collection – Frontier Die Cut Paper
We R Memory Keepers Old Glory Collection – Betsy Die Cut Paper
We R Memory Keepers Old Glory Collection – Freedom Paper
We R Memory Keepers Old Glory Collection – Pennant Paper
Pink Paislee Starlight Collection – Shine Paper
Pink Paislee Starlight Collection – Bright Paper
Pink Paislee Starlight Collection – Dazzle Paper
Pink Paislee Starlight Collection – Glow Paper
Pink Paislee Element Stickers Starlight Collection
Kaisercraft Devonshine Embellishment Pack
Jillbean Soup Egg Drop Soup Collection Canvas Flowers Red Polka
Jillbean Soup Chicken Noodle Collection Chicken Bouillon Paper
Thank you so much Melissa! Be sure to check out Melissa's blog for her latest inspriation! By the way, Cathy just uploaded some brand new Maya Road to the store, and some new Echo Park Paper Co. coming soon. Oh, and more great projects from Chris Hertel and even a few layouts from Cathy soon! Have an awesome week.