Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Trend watch... BANNERS!

Have you guys noticed the latest scrapping trend?? Banner? Well, I just love them, and look at this adorable one that Chris Hertel added to her awesome "our hero" layout. So, so cute!



Here's what Chris had to say about her layout.

"This layout is a tribute to my husband for Father's Day. And let me
tell you, it's hard to do a layout of my husband because he won't let
me take a photo of him, hence the side view shots! I used the Pink Paislee Starlight Collection, perfect for a masculine layout.

To create the layout, I first took a sheet of Spark paper, and used
the light blue side as the base. I used a sheet of Shine, the side
with the stars, and trimmed it to be about 4 inches wide, distressed
the edges then adhered it just a bit above center. Next I took that
same sheet of Shine, and flipped it over to use the ledger side. I
trimmed it to about 7 high and 9 wide and distressed the edges and
adhered that. Using a sheet of Glow, I made a matt for the largest
photo, and applied that to my layout.

Using the Alphabet and the Elements sticker sheet, I made the pennant
banner in the upper left corner. Added the smaller 2 photos, which
are 2 x 3 size, some bakers twine, the title and a ticket from the
elements sticker sheet. Next comes the fun part, I made some fanned
embellishments using a 3/4 inch strip of a sheet of Bright paper. I
did an accordion fold then adhered the ends. Using a gear punch (or
you could use any shape you choose), I punched out a shape from the
Glow sheet of paper and using a glue dot, adhered it to the accordion
rosettes. Finished that off with a sticker star from the Elements
sticker sheet. Add journaling. I always journal last."




Supply List:
Pink Paislee Starlight Spark
Pink Paislee Starlight Shine
Pink Paislee Starlight Glow
Pink Paislee Starlight Alphabet Sticker
Pink Paislee Starlight Element Sticker

Hey, I've been lining up the guest designer list for the rest of the year... and WOW, I can't wait to tell you who's coming to AllyScraps! :) Have a great week.

~ Dana

2 comments:

Erika M. said...

I'm so loving banners - I need to actually create a few of my own - awesome layout!

Mrightley said...

What a fantastic layout! I really love it.