Today, my daughter and I visited the local "applefest". The apples were amazing, the leaves are just turning to their beautiful fall hues... and I'm feeling all autumny. :) Seems like Melissa Phillips is too, because doesn't her fall mini book make you feel all warm and cozy??
1. Paint the top coaster of the chipboard leaf set with off-white acrylic paint. Let dry, sand lightly, and coat with white glitter. Set aside.
2. Trace the punched out leaf from the top coaster onto the paper that resembles the map. Cut out, adhere to the chipboard leaf, sand, and ink.
3. Adhere this leaf to a larger leaf coaster that has been traced and cut out from dark red paper. Sand the edges and ink to distress.
4. Embellish the layered leaves with a stamp die cut.
5. Embellish the top glittered coaster with a satin posy and metal rimmed tag with alphabet stickers spelling out “Fall”. Thread these two layers together using ribbon or twill.
6. Thread on a mini envelope with brown crocheted trim attached along the bottom edge, a folded over die cut tag, chipboard button, and resin flower.
7. Trace a chipboard pumpkin coaster onto patterned paper, cut out, adhere, sand and ink the edges.
8. Trace the bottom of the pumpkin coaster onto coordinating green paper and repeat the distressing techniques.
9. Attach a strip of trim across pumpkin, clear calendar, die cut, and pleated flower. Thread this coaster on next.
10. Trace a leaf coaster onto striped paper. Cut out, adhere, sand, and ink to distress.
11. Embellish the leaf with a clear calendar, vintage trim, pleated flower, and die cut tag. Thread this coaster on next.
12. To finish, thread on another mini envelope with a die cut tag folded over the center and embellished with a chipboard button and resin flower.
13. Apply rubons to accent each coaster.
14. Secure coaster and envelopes together by tying a bow at the top.
Maya Road Chipboard Coaster, leaf
Maya Road Chipboard Coaster, pumpkin
Maya Road Satin Posies, cream and brown
Maya Road Resin Blossoms, cream
Maya Road Velvet Pleats, pumpkin & latte
Maya Road Crochet Trim, brown
Maya Road Vintage Crochet Trim, white lace
Maya Road Mini Sheer Set, Calendars Black & White
Graphic 45 Renaissance Fair Collection, Bona Fide Paper
Graphic 45 Renaissance Fair Collection, Triumphant Paper
Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland Collection, Alice’s Tea Party Paper
Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland Collection, Die Cut Tags
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Collection, Die Cut Tags
Graphic 45 Staples, Chipboard Buttons
Advantus Girls Paperie, On Holiday Collection, Paper Cuts
October Afternoon Thrift Shop Collection, Mini Market Stickers, Ledger
Pink Paislee Starlight Collection, Glow Paper
Melissa Frances Transfers, Months
Off-white acrylic paint
Melissa Frances rubons
Tea stained envelopes, twill, and metal rimmed tag
Thanks so much Melissa, this is just gorgeous, and we enjoy your monthly project for AllyScraps SO much. By the way, I asked Melissa if she'd do a bow tying tutorial for us on the blog... and she said that YES, she would. :) Don't forget about our October sketch contest, posted over at the Page Maps blog, you still have time to do a layout based on this awesome sketch and the prize is just awesome.
Have a terrific weekend, we'll be back soon, with even more inspiration. Dana