Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Cuckoo about Fancy Pants!

It's easy to go cuckoo over the new Valentine range from Fancy Pants which feature pretty patterns, soft colours (including my favourite duck egg blue). 

I have been wanting to make a faux cuckoo clock for ages so when my little pile of papers arrived from Ally Scraps I jumped for joy.  For there were the perfect papers and embellishments that I needed.


The house is made of sturdy card using a template.  I then covered the walls with paper and inks. I have mounted the house onto a dowel which is then pushed into an oasis in a tiny pot (hot glue is a must for this project).


I had the chipboard clock face for years so I'm glad to put it to good use.  You could stamp out a suitable clock and hands if you don't have one.  I like to 'sugar' my flowers and add a tiny stamped sentiment (Pink Paislee).  A clay bird cuckoos from his perch having popped out of the shuttered doors.


The beauty about shopping at Ally Scraps is that you can mix and match lots of different papers and embellishments.  The die-cut heart is Pink Paislee and the images on the pole are from Bo Bunny's Love Bandit. The  roof are layers of Fancy Pants paper which have been scalloped (curl the edges slightly for more dimension).

At the back of the house I have used another fabulous die-cut which is layered onto a conertina circle. That wonderful key hole is Melissa Francis


Finally a little love note on the last wall with more Pink Paislee stamping a tiny heart and birdie.

I hope that I have inspired you to make something special for Valentine's day. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Morag x


11 comments:

Tanya said...

Beautiful! I would love to make one of these, you have definitely inspired!!

Erika M. said...

Your project is amazing - love all the details!

Raechelle Bellus said...

Morag, you are amazing! Stunning projects as always.

laterg8r said...

omg - that should be published - fantastic :D

Michelle said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. You did a magnificent job on the little bird house. I cannot imagine making something like that.

sherree said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Dana D said...

Morag! This is spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

Cathy said...

OMG Morag!!!! You constantly amaze me, this is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

OH wow Morag, that is absolutely gorgeous!!

cdm317 said...

Hi,
This inspired me to make a cuckoo clock for a friend. It turned out great! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Just come across this project and its absolutely fabulous!