Melissa Phillips has been hard at work again, and I just love the beautiful apron strings cards she came up with.
1. Create card bases from coordinating cardstock.
2. For the Apron Strings card, cut strips of patterned paper to fit across lower portion of card.
3. Apply colored rubons across top of card.
4. Attach die cut to center of card and trim off excess from bottom.
5. Cover chipboard pieces with desired patterned paper. Sand edges and ink to distress. Add rubons and rhinestones to embellish.
6. Wrap trim around mother's dress to resemble an apron. Adhere in the back and embellish with a ribbon and small flower.
7. Attach all chipboard pieces on a strand of button twine to resemble a clothesline. Adhere across front of card.
8. Apply rubon in lower left corner to finish and color in rubon heart.
9. For Homemade and Handmade Card, cut strips of paper to fit along left edge and across bottom of card.
10. Paint chipboard scroll frame with off white acrylic paint, sand to distress and adhere near left edge of card.
11. Trim down die cut tag to fit opening of frame and tie with scrunched seam binding of ribbon. Adhere to center of frame. Attach a strip of trim along bottom edge.
12. Cover mother's dress as before and embellish with an apron made out of trim. Adhere to center of tag.
13. Apply rubon to the right of frame and flower rubons. Embellish with rhinestones to finish.
Maya Road Laundry Day Mini Chipboard
Maya Road Scroll Frames Chipboard Sheet
Maya Road Vintage White Crochet Trim
Kaiser Craft, Tea at Elsies, Lemon paper
Kaiser Craft, Tea at Elsies, Ceylon paper
Kaiser Craft, Tea at Elsies, Peppermint paper
Kaiser Craft, Tea at Elsies, Colored Rub Ons
Kaiser Craft, Self Adhesive Clear Rhinestones
Advantus Girls' Paperie, Paper Girl Collection, Die Cuts
Melissa Frances Vintage Women Transfers
Thank you so much Melissa for inspiring us every month! :)
Hey, be sure to check out the information for the September Sketch contest. (You guys are BUSY, we already have some entries!) Hope you're having an awesome weekend! Dana