Hi everyone, Linda Albrecht is back this week with an adorable and festive "autumn" gift box set. It's a set of stacked boxes for fall. The bottom one holds ten- 5" square cards and the top one is for candy, etc. Super cute as a decoration, but super functional too. Love it!
1. Cover 2 decorative boxes with patterned papers, tops and bottoms.
2. Adhere ribbon around the smallest box bottom then thread a large button with jute string and adhere to the ribbon in the cetner of one of the box sides.
3. Paint a face on a small styrofoam pumpkin then set aside to dry.
4. Cut a 1.5" x 12" strip of patterned paper, accordion fold at 1/4" intervals then glue into a circle onto the top of the smallest box. Adhere the pumpkin on to the center of the accordion folded circle. Adhere artificial fall berries to each side of the pumpkin.
5. Make a hat for the pumpkin from patterned paper by cutting a large half circle out of the paper that measures 4" from top to bottom of each side.
6. Form the cone shape for the hat from the half circle then adhere one side edge to keep shape. Attach large brad and a velvet Pleat flower to the center of the hat then adhere a ball (pom pom or other round shaped object) to the top tip of the hat.
7. Adhere the hat to the top of the pumpkin then add trim to hide the paper edge.
8. Paint a chipboard frame from the Framed Font yellow, apply clear glitter and adhere a piece of patterned paper to the backside to fill in the opening of the frame.
9. Adhere the frame to the bottom front center of the largest box, add "autumn" word with chipboard stickers, add brad and buttons and other desired embellishments.
10. Cut ten- 5" x 10" pieces from various colored cardstock to match patterned papers then fold them in half to make 5" square cards. NOTE: My box holds 5" square card perfectly, but you could make your cards to fit inside whatever size box you use.
11. Cut ten- 5" squares from various patterned papers to use as the background for the front of each card.
12. Layer each base with other small pieces of patterned papers, labels and tags (cut from the Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg "Elements" paper and Cosmo Cricket Togetherness "Elements" paper) and stickers. NOTE: Make sure to use the fluid chalk inkpad on the edges of all pieces before adhering to card base.
13. Machine sew stitching or add rub on stitches then adhere remaining embellishments such as buttons, brads, chipboard, pearls and Pink Paislee Artisan Elements (artisan elements in my samples are sprayed with a yellow Glimmer Mist.)
14. Add clear glitter to various places on the cards to add sparkle. Add small pearls to some of the button centers, if desired.
15. Adhere completed card fronts to the front of folded cardstock base.
Cosmo Cricket Togetherness, Reunion paper
Cosmo Cricket Togetherness, Pinwheels paper
Cosmo Cricket Togetherness, Birds of a Feather paper
Cosmo Cricket Togetherness, Elements paper
Cosmo Cricket Togetherness, All a Flutter paper
Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg, Elements paper
Cosmo Cricket Togetherness, Making Plans paper
Cosmo Cricket Togetherness, Borders paper
Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg, Maple paper
Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg, Acorn paper
Cosmo Cricket Cardstock Stickers, Nutmeg
Pink Paislee Queen Bee Brads
Pink Paislee Artisan Elements Swirls
Melissa Frances White Ribbon
Melissa Frances Thankful Transfers
Maya Road Red Scallop Dot Ribbon
Maya Road Yellow Scallop Dot Ribbon
Maya Road Velvet Pleats, Sky Blue and Turquoise
American Crafts Thickers, Nutmeg
Tattered Angels Framed Fonts, Regal
Little Yellow Bicycle, Clothesline Collection Rub Ons, Stitches
Colorbox Ink Cats Eye Fluid Chalk Inkpad, Chestnut Roan
Wow, those cards are pretty too!!! Thanks so much Linda, you're the best. :)
Hey, while I'm thinking of it... Cathy has decided to do a little blog giveaway. A couple of times a month, we'll be doing random giveaways chosen from the people who comment on the projects on our blog! So, give leave some comments for the lovely designers we have here at AllyScraps, and you might just win a fun scrappy prize!
Have a great week, Dana