Hi all! I just got back from a weekend of scrapping with my best scrapping buddy Karlyn... and my mailbox was full of awesome projects from the fabulous designers that we are SO lucky to have here at AllyScraps. I'm so looking forward to sharing them with you this week, along with a layout I made and the September sketch contest winner. I have a bonus sketch for you too! So, be sure to check out the blog a lot this week, it will be loaded!
When I asked Roree Rumph to guest design for us, I new she was super talented... and I couldn't wait to see her projects, especially her gorgeous cards. She has really wowed me with this one! Take a look.
1. Paint six of the scalloped pendant chipboard shapes with off-white acrylic paint, 3-4 coats. Let dry.
2. Make a 5 1/2 x 5" card from a coordinating cardstock.
3. Cover the card front with the light blue patterned paper. Distress the edges with a file.
4. Cut the blue patterned paper to 4 1/4" square. Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the panel to the card.
5. Cut the graph patterned paper to 1 x 4 1/4". Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the panel to the card.
6. Cut the striped patterned paper to 1/4 x 4 1/2". Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the strip to the card.
7. Gently bend the edges of the pendant chipboard shapes, so that the they curl up slightly. Layer and adhere the shapes in a circle to the card front. (The pendant circle size will be around 4 3/4".)
8. Cut out a 2 3/4" circle from scrap cardstock. Punch ten 1" circle from the pink patterned paper, distress the edges with a file, and layer and adhere the punched circles around the oustide edge of the larger circle to create a flower. Gently bend the punched circles so that the curl up slightly.
9. Adhere the pleated ribbon around the inside edge of the pink flower.
10. Layer the heart, rectangle and arrow cardstock stickers on the round label sticker. Sew on the button with pink embroidery thread, and add cross stitches at the corners of the rectangular cardstock sticker. Adhere the finished label sticker to the center of the pink flower with 3-d foam adhesive.
11. Adhere the finished pink flower to the pendant chipboard flower with 3-d foam adhesive.
12. Adhere the "happy" cardstock sticker to the card front with 3-d foam adhesive.
October Afternoon Thrift Shop, The Great Find
October Afternoon Fly A Kite, Lemonade
October Afternoon Fly A Kite Label Stickers
Jenni Bowlin Collection, Orange buttons
Echo Park Life Is Good, Bold Stripes
Echo Park Life Is Good, happy borders
Echo Park Life Is Good, sticker elements
Echo Park Life Is Good, floral dress
October Afternoon Fly a Kite, word stickers
Maya Road, mini chipboard banner
Maya Road, cream pleated ribbon
This is just beautiful Roree, thank you SO much!
See you all soon, have a great week. Dana