Hi everyone, thrilled here to see some sunshine... boy has been a rainy spring! Flowers are blooming, kids are playing outside and it sure does remind me of how much I love my home and my family. Roree Rumph's awesome layout about her home really tells a story, I can't wait to make a home layout too!
1. Cut the navy blue patterned paper to 4 x 11". Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the panel to the 12 x 12" blue patterned paper.
2. Cut out the red strip from the border strips patterned paper to 11" wide and use a 1/4" hole punch to decorate the border edge. Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the strip to the navy blue patterned paper.
3. Cut out a 1 x 11" strip from the orange patterned paper, and used decorative scissors to scallop one edge. Distress the edges with a file, and adhere the strip over the red border strip.
4. Cut out the green border strip from the border strip patterned paper to 11 1/4" wide. Trim one end, and distress the edges with a file. Adhere the border strip to the orange border strip.
5. Machine sew with a decorative stitch around the sides (single stitch) and top (double stitch) with navy blue thread.
6. Adhere your photo (mine was 3 x 3 1/2") and tree and cloud cardstock stickers to the layout.
7. Cut out a triangle slight larger than your photo from the pink patterned paper. Distress the edges with a file.
8. Adhere the 'home' corrugated alphas to the layout.
9. Stamp the rest of the quote above and below the 'home' title with alphabet stamps and brown ink.
10. Hand cut stem and leaf shapes from green patterned paper, and adhere them to the layout. Apply the flower stickers to the stems, and hand sew a French know at the center of each with a sewing needle and embroidery thread.
11. Layer and sew a heart sticker and button to the 'o' in the title. Apply another heart sticker by the flowers.
12. Hand sew three buttons (red, blue, and orange) along the stitched border at the top with like color thread. Layer the asterisk and heart sticker with foam adhesive, and add a green brad to the center. Adhere the finished sticker to the layout between the buttons.
13. Add a red button to the green patterned paper border strip, thread with white/blue twine, and tie a bow. Trim the ends.
Echo Park Playground Collection, Capture the Flag
Echo Park Playground Collection, Hide & Seek
Echo Park Playground Collection, Simon Says Border Strips
Echo Park Playground Collection, Kick the Can
Echo Park Playground Collection, Tag Journaling Cards
Echo Park Playground Collection, Jump Rope
Echo Park Playground Collection, 12x12 Element Sticker
Jillibean Soup, Corrugated Alpha, Kraft
Pink Paislee Soiree Collection, Twine
Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Collection, Buttons
Alphabet stamp set - Studio G
Brown Ink Pad - Clearsnap
Orange button - American Crafts
Green brad - Basic Grey
Orange, red, and blue embroidery thread - DMC
Sewing machine and navy blue thread
Decorative Scissors - Provo Craft
1/4" hole punch
Thanks for stopping by to take a look! Be sure to check out Roree Rumph's fabulous blog, for more adorable projects and lots of inspiration. Check in later this week, when we'll have a beautiful project from Beatriz Jennings!! ~ Dana