We're so happy to have Melissa Phillips back with us this month at Ally Scraps. The project she just sent over is super special, Melissa calls it Oh Joy embellishment pockets. I call it charming, oh so pretty and super cute!! Take a look.
1. Embellish three envelopes with rubons, paper, Peek A Boo transparency, stickers, and trim. Staple together on left edge to create a pocket book to store handmade cards, tags, and embellishments.
2. Using small white bags, create cards to fit down inside using decorative paper, stamps, stickers, and embellishments. Embellish the outside of each bag with rubons.
3. Create a tag using coordinating paper and embellishments.
4. Fill each pocket with 2-3 handmade cards and tags using coordinating paper scraps, rub ons, etc.
5. Fill another embellished bag with coordinating buttons and slip inside a pocket.
6. Wrap up coordinating Baker’s Twine, trim, and flowers and slip inside another embellished bag.
7. Attach trim along edges and near the top of each pocket to create more character and bulk.
8. Attach cardstock stickers and overlap with vintage buttons and rub ons to finish.
Glitz Design – Love Nest Collection – Rub Ons
Glitz Design – Scarlet Collection – Peek A Boo
Imaginisce – Berrylicious Collection 12 x 12 Double Sided Berry Paper – Berry Patch
Imaginisce – Berrylicious Collection 12 x 12 Double Sided Berry Paper – Sweet Summer Garden
October Afternoon Modern Homemaker Collection 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Cherry Pie
October Afternoon Modern Homemaker Collection 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Flour Sack
October Afternoon Modern Homemade Collection 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Needle & Thread
October Afternoon Modern Homemaker Collection – Label Stickers
Maya Road – Ribbon – Grosgrain Pleat, Pink
Maya Road – Vintage Crochet Trim – Bubble Dots, White
Maya Road – Ruffle Edge Trim, Pink
Maya Road – Resin Blossoms, Cream
Maya Road – Satin Posies, Mauve & Bright Pink
Have you checked out Melissa Phillips' blog lately??? If not, you're missing out. Thanks for stopping by, back later this week with lots more inspiration. Dana :)